Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blocking




If anyone actually follows this blog, there should be a more complete update on this model either Thursday or Saturday. With Valentines day and President's day it has been a busy week at the restaurant, and I haven't had much time to really work because I've been at "work".

I have everything blocked out in this one. It's just a matter of getting a few things on the base mesh worked out, and working it in Mudbox now. Depending on my work schedule, I can probably be texturing and tweaking by Sunday.

All together I've already worked about 20 hours on this character (the Maya/Mudbox workflow is still new to me). The initial design worked on paper, but not in 3D space for me, so I redesigned the legs. The Idea is a bug-like character that has natural camo to blend in with a cave environment. It's legs would be able to arrange themselves to look like a stalactite. I'm still a little worried about the silhouette of the redesign, but at this time I'll wait for comments before another big redesign. If you are still reading I'm glad you care about what I'm doing enough to pay attention. Thanks, and keep watching!

No comments: