Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Character WIP





I needed a little break after graduation, but I'm back working. I've been learning a Maya/Mudbox workflow, and I'm ready to start a new character. I don't have a scanner right now, so I won't post the concept sketches (you're not missing much, they are pretty simple), but I've decided to post a WIP thread to show my process and progress.

I'm working on this character in stages since it is a segmented character. Here's the head. I'm still working on the Normal map, and I'll probably smooth out the chin some more, but I'm trying to keep the poly count pretty low and rely on the normal map for details.The body will be posted soon.

Oh yeah, Right now I'm calling this character Mantis...get it... MAN-tis...HA!

1 comment:

Emmett said...

Good to see you're back. I like to new guy. Can't wait to see more of him.